Tuesday 28 February 2012

Partial to the Purple

Well the new challenge is out for Tuesday Alchemy - Tuesday Alchemy: Challenge #3 - Color Inspiration: Peacock & Plums: This week's challenge is all about color! Purple & teal are such beautiful colors that you will enjoy using them in your works.

I've got to say I absolutely love what everyone made this week,it must be those fab colours,you know I love that purple!
Here's my contribution.
I didn't really use much teal,there is a tiny bit on the butterfly and a teal butterfly collaged under the hearts(which are kind of a teal colour) but as would be expected I got carried away by(with) the purple :o)
I decided to use a mini canvas, painted and stamped it with acrylic paints and collaged with vintage sheet music and scrapbook papers.  I added a little button and a woodcut butterfly that I purchased from this awesome Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/porkchopshow  He has the most scrumptious butterfly wood cuts, you've got to check out his shop!
I will be adding this mini canvas to my Folksy shop tonight

I would love to see what other people come up with using this colour combo.  Visit the blog and link your fab creations so we can all see them.
If you're on Etsy why not join the Tuesday Alchemy group -
   I want lots more people to join so I can make a Treasury featuring all the members!

3 comments:

  1. This is really nice!! I love how the butterfly stands out so vibrantly!! Keep up the great work!! Your creations are inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors! I adore it & I can't wait to see your next creation :)

    Create, Inspire & Share,
    Corrinne
    Pin & Tack

    ReplyDelete